Answered

How do you track email opens in Intercom?

• 17 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Hey there! My name is John and I work in an app development company. I am interested if you, guys, would like to have an Intercom integration that allows you to track the exact time your emails were opened.

For example, your agents send an email to customers, and as soon as this email is opened, the app will send you a notification with the exact time it was opened, how many times the email was opened, etc.

Our team is looking to build an app with such functionality and we were wondering if this feature is needed in Intercom.

What do you say?

icon

Best answer by Roy 18 August 2021, 15:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @john b11​ 👋, First of all, I'm so happy that the Help Desk Migration employees joined the Interconnect community. There are always ongoing questions about migrating to Intercom, so some helpful post on this case will be so helpful from your side.

Now about the app, are we talking about outbound messages or just the agent's reply to a conversation opened via e-mail?

Hi, @roy s11​ . Thanks, we hope we'll be more helpful in this community in the future.

We are thinking about tracking the opens of the outbound messages.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@john b11​ , If we are talking about outbound messages, then getting message each time outbound message was open for me and my project will be not relevant metric to track.

Also for it's important to track if a customer opens an e-mail but how many times it's not metric we want to take a look =(

Just saying for me, this app will not provide game-changer metrics.

The thing is, we are planning to create an internal note that will be updated with the precise information on email opens. But this is not the only feature that will be included.

Do you mind if I contact you on Linkedin and tell you more about it? Your feedback would be really important.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@john b11​ , For sure, let's connect on LinkedIn.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/roy-shengelia//p>