Answered

Can you also limit the access to teammates regarding multi-brand support in messages?

• 25 August 2021
  • 3 replies

We have multiple workspaces for different brands. We have experienced that switching from workspaces leads to lower customer support quality, especially when you don't get notified about one workspace when working in another workspace.

Now we would like to receive all brand massages in one workspace. Therefore, I have found out that multi-branding would be interesting for this problem. We would like to know if these messages can also be limited to some teammates. Let's say brand A can not see the messages of brand B. I found out that this could be possible using SLA and Workload management, but I am not sure if I can also limit access with these two features.

icon

Best answer by Roy 25 August 2021, 14:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @melanie w11​ 👋,

Move all conversations into one workspace is a really good idea and it's possible to limit access based on teams.

So if you create team Brand 1 Sales, Brand 2 Sales - You can limit teammates access based on teams.

Thank you very much for your message @roy s11​ , ✨

Can we also limit access to these brands? So let's say Brand 1 can only read and start conversations with customers only for brand 1. Thus, Brand 2 cannot see nor start conversations with those customers.

Also, can we divide articles among these brands? Thus, Brand 1 has some articles that are not viable for brand 2.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@melanie w11​ ,

> Can we also limit access to these brands? So let's say Brand 1 can only read and start conversations with customers only for brand 1.

You can limit access based on Conversation, however, it's not possible to limit send a new message to specific contacts.

>Also, can we divide articles among these brands? Thus, Brand 1 has some articles that are not viable for brand 2.

Currently, Intercom not offering Muli branded Help Center, so if they are under one domain you can restrict articles via the Audience targeting rule.

Yeah, Intercom should work better on Security settings and also Multi branded Help Center. It's not the first time I'm hearing this feedback, that's why you should post this feature request to @Product Wishlist​ group.

I hope this will be helpful,

Have a lovely day