Answered

Is it possible to only show Help Center collections to certain users?

• 26 August 2021
  • 7 replies

I'm curious if anyone has been able to find a way to display/hide help articles at the collection level, rather than at the article level?

We have several different products and don't want to show all help articles to all users. We can use audience filtering at the article level, but that is too cumbersome to maintain with so many articles. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Roy 26 August 2021, 19:58

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @user75​ 👋

Currently, it's not possible to set audience-level targeting based on collection level.

You can request the following feature in @Product Wishlist​ group. My Personal +1 for this feature.

Have a lovely day 🌞

Thank you, Roy.

Badge +2

@user75​ , I second the need for Collection-level audience restriction. I've been setting audience rules for each article to restrict visibility to a whole collection as a workaround (which does work perfectly) but that hasn't been and is not an easy task. Hence, to make it a tad bit easier, I've added such audience to auto-qualify to a 'Segment' or get tagged and use that Segment/tag as the audience rule for each article that falls under that restricted visibility collection in the Help Center.

Not sure if you're still wanting to do this but it is possible to have collections with visibility for only specific users!

If no article in a collection is visible to you then the collection will not be visible to you.

If you restrict all the articles it will create a restricted collection - there should be a way to do this in the collection but this is an easy workaround!

Yes I agree. I’ve just moved over from Freshdesk because of some article design limitations among other things. I’ve found Intercom to be really intuitive so far but this is an enormous issue for us. I can’t believe that you can’t set the access at Collection Level. It is going to create enormous amounts of work for us. I just want to be able to restrict access to Users / Visitors / Leads, nothing more complex than that. 

Is there an update? We’re facing the same issue: we want to make articles of a specific collection only available for users with a specific tag. Thanks for the update!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey there @Julius Geis !

Currently, it’s still not possible to set an audience to an entire collection. The quickest solution here is to do what Sushana mentioned, above, and create a Segment for those Users that you want to target with the article. This way you only have to filter for that Segment for each article instead of setting all of the individual filters each time.