Answered

For integration with our APP, need clarification on Admin model - ID Field

• 27 August 2021
  • 6 replies

https://developers.intercom.com/intercom-api-reference/reference#admin-model/p>

For example, admin@xyz.com indivdiual is part of two or more intercom accounts helping more than one company. For that person, id field of the admin model - will it be different for each intercom accounts?

icon

Best answer by Roy 30 August 2021, 13:28

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @colin l11​, I know you've helped folks with app questions before, might you be able to help out @manoj r11​ here?

Badge

Hello @manoj r11​ 👋,

I can confirm that Admin ID is the same for different workspaces.

If the user Admin Id in one workspace is 1234, the Second workspace there will be also the same Admin Id.

I hope this will be helpful, let me know if you have any other questions on this topic.

Is there a way to query for workspace id from API after the token is generated?

I am trying to figure out a unique id that helps me identify accounts when they install our App. I am confused now about whether I should use the admin id or workspace id. can workspace id solve that problem for me?@roy s11​ 

Badge

@manoj r11​ , If you want to identify accounts then you should use Workspace ID = )

I read the comment in forums that there is intercom.io/me that returns workspace id in exchange for a personal token. is there any documentation of that API? I am not able to find it. @roy s11​