Answered

Why do you display a modal with an error message if the app attempts to display a carousel that is not live?

• 30 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Why not just throw an error and let the developer handle it?

icon

Best answer by Magnus 8 July 2022, 23:34

View original

1 reply

Hey @eduardo g11​ , Magnus from Intercom's Support Engineers here 👋

The general approach to our SDKs have been that we'd handle all errors so developers didn't have to. However, we have recently made changes towards allowing options on how to handle errors that are thrown in the SDK.

For example, in version 12.1.0 for our iOS SDK and 12.1.0 for our Android SDK, we added support for providing a callback to the login methods of the SDK, so that you can customize the error handling.

This is not exactly what you were looking for - and I can't make promises here that this is something that will eventually span all the methods in the SDK. Your feedback is what drives these changes to be made in the first place, so if this is something that would help you make your developer experience with the Intercom SDKs better, we'd like to hear all about it!

You can always provide feedback or feature requests through the Intercom Messenger, and we'll make sure it reaches the appropriate Product Team. I reached out to our Mobile team about this question already, so they are aware!

Let me know if you have any follow up questions here.