Answered

Tracking Help Center traffic with Google Analytics

• 31 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I have set up our help center to work with Google Analytics as shown in the Intercom article.

However, I'm having some trouble getting the data I want out of it. I think part of the problem is that we set up the helpdesk to use a subdomain (looks like analytics isn't great with those).

Does anybody use Google analytics and tell me if and how you managed to get data about:

• user-flow to and from our articles (what URL they came from and where they went next)
  • if possible the same data from above filtered by article language (via URL)
  • and the Intercom article also mentioned: How many articles they read in a session

Any other data you are looking at?

icon

Best answer by Racheal 19 August 2022, 01:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @kevin b​ Racheal from the Support Engineer team here 👋

I realize it's been awhile since you've posted, so you might have already got this sorted- but just in case I'll fill you in on the what we over at Intercom have insight on when it comes to Google Analytics.

Here are some of the pages you can use to gain insight into this information:

1. How your Help Center traffic trends over time.

Analytics 

2. How long your users spend on each article.

Analytics-1 

3. How many articles they read in a session.

Banners_and_Alerts_and_Analytics 

4. What websites they come from, and more.

Analytics-2 

5. Gain more insights into your Help Center's performance. If you integrate Google Analytics with your Help Center, you'll be able to analyze your help articles in more detail.

Screen Recording 2019-04-09 at 11.22 AM 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@racheal​ Thanks for the follow-up. I will definitely look into our analytics again and see if I can find the info for our helpdesk as well.