Answered

How do I make interactive components in the app?

• 2 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Use Case:

We would like to migrate our Product Registration to the Messenger and I am building a Custom Bot which would include a piece of an app which pulls in information from a REST endpoint. However, the app would include two dropdowns which need to be interactive. The first is a product type which would then display a set list in the next dropdown related to this first dropdown.

Does this need to be a live canvas in order to work properly, or do I just need to head another route for this?

There are not good examples anywhere for how to use live canvas or what needs to be present in it, other than implementation.

Thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Roy 2 September 2021, 21:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @chris c13​ 👋

May I ask why are you building an app to move registration flow to a Custom bot? I know that this dropdown case but have you tried Intercom + Typeform integration?

Please keep in mind that Typeform can send API requests once the user submits a form, so in this way maybe you can void app building?

Let me know if you have questions on this topic, Will be happy to answer all of them.

The information goes into NetSuite and there is no direct NetSuite interaction with regards to Intercom, so we're having to do some custom development with regards to this, including pushing information to Celigo to send/receive from NetSuite.

I'm just wondering if I'm only reinventing the wheel on this, or if I'm heading now a new path, as seems usual these days.

@roy s11​ I'm still looking for an example of how stored_data is used. Say, I have a dropdown, can I place that data in stored_data? This is where my frustrations lie. Lack of documentation and lack of examples with promises from Intercom that what we want to accomplish can be done.