Answered

Can I manually forward a customer's email to Intercom?

• 6 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Occasionally, our customers send us direct emails that need to be converted into tickets. If we forward them to our support email address, then we can’t transform them in the name (and email) of the customer who sent the email. How can we do it?

icon

Best answer by Joao 8 September 2021, 20:55

View original

5 replies

Hey,

Your support team can add the correct contact to the conversation and then remove the internal employee if needed:add user

Userlevel 1

To add to @joao​'s suggestion, for this to work, you'd need to ensure that the customer's email address is in CC when you forward. Which email client do you use, @user356​?

I have the same question, and I'm not seeing the option to "Add person".

I need to forward individual emails into Intercom, and currently when I try doing so it'll set myself as the user and I'm looking for a way for it to recognize the customer as the user (or for me to set it manually).

Did the Add person option move somewhere else?

Badge

@Intercom - please update the system so that a forwarded email by anyone who's a user/agent in Intercom will start a new conversation on behalf of the customer.

This is how Help Scout works, and it's super helpful, and doesn't require people to do additional manual work so that the conversation is atributed to the client and not started as the agent.

I don't see a way to edit lead data on tickets and when I forward or CC intercom in a conversation that started outside of intercom I become the lead in that conversation with noe way to remove myself.