Answered

Do "Recent page views" and "Events" auto-update during a conversation?

• 8 September 2021
  • 1 reply

I've actually already brought this to a conversation with Ryan from support, but I'm posting it since it seems there are almost no clear docs on the topic.

While implementing Intercom in a React single-page app, I noticed the calls to Intercom('update') (as suggested by the SPA guide) weren't showing in the conversation or contact page until I hit refresh in the Intercom page. The same is true for submitted events.

It's actually a bit misleading to have "now" in bright green when the user might have moved away from the current page after initiating the chat. The only place that makes it clear is a single sentence in Events FAQ & Troubleshooting.

This definitely needs:

• clear communication in any place that suggests using Intercom('update') to add a new pageview
  • same for event documentation
  • actually an auto-updating UI, since it may be very helpful, besides resolving the misleading information
icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 9 September 2021, 12:27

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hey @igor s​, I took at look at your conversation with Ryan and I wanted to share the outcome here so that other Connectors could benefit. The UI is not updated in real-time for recent page views and events during a conversation, this requires a page refresh. I'm happy to record this product feedback for you via our @Product Wishlist​ group!