Answered

How can a team member manually add information to Company data?

• 8 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Or, is there a way to integrate an API call that somehow adds a company note?

Basically, our support of our companies revolves around events, which we're wanting to expose to our chat support team. We're looking at CRM's right now to possibly be able to sync this information somehow, but it's not always available, so if a chat agent finds this information out, I'd like a way for them to be able to add it so that it sticks to the Company profile somehow. The only way I can think of right now is for them to just add this via company note. But exploring Qualification data, it seems like this could be collected via bot, which would alleviate some of that workload by our team!

It seems like qualification data is the only set of fields that can be manually edited, and all others are custom attributes able to receive information via API or other sync methods from outside sources. Is my understanding correct?

Also - with qualification data, I'm unsure if that info flows to the Company or only the Contact - if the latter is the case, is there any automation available to convert qualification data into company data?

(All of this is exploration and experimentation - any tips or feedback is muchly appreciated:))

icon

Best answer by Roy 10 September 2021, 17:01

View original

3 replies

Badge

Hello @erne​ 👋,

With qualification data, you can allow your team to manually set Company and Contact related attributes. You can define mostly any field (Some tech.fields like URL, Browser not available) in qualification data and allow your staff to manually insert data.

Here is how you can do that:

https://www.loom.com/share/265b1e2d819e4b3fb9ea29daa5089fa1/p>

Let me know if you have any additional questions about this topic.

Thank you so much! This is great. I see now that when creating a new attribute I missed the tabs at the top designating whether it was for people or companies. Very much appreciated @roy s11​ !!

Badge

@erne​ ,

Always happy to help 🙏

Have a nice weekend 😇