Answered

Is there an automation to handle abandoned Custom Bot conversations?

• 13 September 2021
  • 2 replies

We have built out a Custom Bot to react to all new conversations. Most responses are recorded with Reply buttons.

I am hoping to create an automation for when a user does not respond to the reply buttons. Within the Custom Bot settings there is an option that will "Auto-close abandoned Custom Bot conversations" but instead of closing the conversation, I would like to try to engage the user who is interacting with the Custom bot.

It doesn't appear that I can add a Resolution Bot AND Reply buttons in this instance... Is there a way to re-engage with the user? or should we assume that auto-closing the conversation is the best option?

icon

Best answer by Kevin Bendixen 17 September 2021, 11:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @jon t11​, in my own personal experience, you can safely assume that a customer who abandons a Custom Bot flow has disengaged and you can auto-close the conversation. @kevin b​, any thoughts?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I would agree with @eric f11​ . Once they abandoned the bot I don't see why another bot would re-engage them. I would only look out for conversations where the user disengaged because the bot wasn't helping (didn't offer the right choices for example)