Answered

How to allow a drop-down selection within a Product Tour?

• 13 September 2021
  • 5 replies

I'm trying to walk users through a fairly simple process and am getting stuck with a drop-down selection that is required. Is there a way to either use an equivalent to the complete text field option or at least provide users the space to completing prior to moving on.

icon

Best answer by Kevin Bendixen 14 September 2021, 09:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@jay k12​ Try a pointer with "Fill in the field" and make sure to choose the right element (i.e. the whole drop-down element, not just the caption). Worked for me.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-14 um 09.31.58

@kevin b​ Thanks for the advice. I haven't been able to get that to work yet, as the possible selections are greyed out. In your example there, what is the behavior when the element is clicked?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

The drop-down opens and the user can choose an option. The tour only continues after that.

Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same problem.

The fill in the field option isn't working for me.

The only way I found how to do this is by creating two separate steps. One to have the user to click on the downdown box and a follow up to being able to select an element in the dropdown box.

• I create a pointer element with the setting to advance on the click of the element

Click on the Dropdown Box

• Then, for the next pointer element, navigate to the dropbox being open, ensure to select the portion to include the scroll bar. Keep the setting to advance on the click of the element. This *should* work.

Open dropbox dialogueHope this helps and hope it works for you too!