Answered

Settings not working - hiding messenger on certain pages

• 14 September 2021
  • 2 replies

We are trying to hide the messenger on some pages (demo/pricing) where we have a different CTA that pops up on those pages. I set up the messenger settings to not include these pages (see screenshot), using the "Current page URL does not contain" for the four URLs we want to hide the bot on. However, after saving, it still shows up on those pages when we test it in Chrome and Safari.

Am I setting this up incorrectly, or should this be working?

Thanks in advance

Larisa

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 17 September 2021, 11:29

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @larisa​, I tested this using https://kickfin.com/demo/and I can confirm that the Messenger does not show on this page (the icon is not visible).

However, it appears you have a Custom Bot set up which fires on this page. You will also need to specify these URL exclusions in your Custom Bot's audience settings - it's not enough to just specify them for the Messenger itself, this will not prevent Product Tours, Custom Bots and other outbound messages from firing on the page unless you change their audience rules, too.

@eric f11​ Thank you! I was able to add that to the Custom Bot, and it has fixed the issue. It actually fixed another issue I was having with chat assignments. I inherited the set up from someone else, and am still learning the Intercom setup. I hadn't found our Custom Bot yet, so I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.