Answered

Is there a way to summarize the customers responses to reply buttons (For Support Team purposes and review)?

• 14 September 2021
  • 3 replies

I am creating a somewhat lengthy custom bot. Throughout the course of the conversation the user/client would be selecting 5-10 reply buttons and 3-4 customer replies.

Is there a way or an application that summarizes those selections or any client comments at the end of the conversation? Right now I have to scroll manually through all of the selections to understand the core issue.

I could use the Conversation data points, but that doesn't work with the customer replies... just the text reply buttons.

icon

Best answer by Kevin Bendixen 17 September 2021, 12:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @kevin b​, do you have any insight to share here? How would your team typically summarise bot responses when required?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

That's an interesting question. Never really tried custom bots.

What insights do you think a summary would give you? In my experience, especially with text answers, a summary is not super helpful.

It would save myself and the our Support Team from having to scroll through a lengthy conversation. I could add a "data point" field and have the customer fill them in so that they appear in the conversation history, but a downside is that the data field is not easily visible if you include several words. From a support team standpoint, the less time we are scrolling and isolating the problem, the better.

Due to the bot and all of the questions I am asking, it would be difficult to manage over all.

Slack's Intercom integration has the closest thing to what I am imagining. The Conversation log includes all of the customer's comments in one place (and removes the bots questions)Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 7.42.52 AMSo I am going to assume there isn't a short term solution but this would be helpful for our Support Team. I think even if you could mark a response (manually within the chat bot) to be saved and displayed within the Inbox at the end of the conversation, would be helpful.