Answered

Is there a way to schedule or automate follow up messages to closed conversations? (for feedback NPS, CES etc)

• 16 September 2021
  • 8 replies

I'm trying to gain more insights from our use base, we're rapidly growing our support team with hires all over the world, so I'm looking for more depth in conversation satisfaction through CES scores. (i am currently using Wootrics for this)

My issue is, It looks like I have to manually send these surveys at the time of closing a conversation. I'm rubbish at this - Write out close message > Click Apps > Add Wootric > Choose Survey > Send.

I feel I'm missing a trick here right?

icon

Best answer by Joao 16 September 2021, 20:46

View original

8 replies

Hi Josh,

A fast solution would be to create a macro with a default close message and the Wootric app attached and explain to your agents always close a conversation with this Macro.

But to automate more this process, I believe you could create a webhook to catch the 'close Conversation' event and trigger the workflow you need.

I hadn't even considered a webhook for this use case. Thanks, I'll check it out!

An Update*

You currently cannot add an app to a Macro, which is quite annoying but I'm sure that will come in time.

What we have implemented is our closing chat default message with the tag added when the conversation is closed.

We can then run a series to contact anyone with that tag to gain greater insights

Hey @josh l11​  we just released a new update that allows you to customize what apps are automatically sent to leads or users when conversations end. More information is below, and here is a link to the changelog.

To customize your workflows:

1. Navigate to the Operator > Task Bots > For Users / For Leads area.
  2. Go to the “Ask for conversation rating” section.
  3. Click “Use your own app when closing conversations.”
  4. Choose one from the list of installed applications, or explore the Intercom App Store to install a new app to use. 

This may seem obvious, but you can only use Messenger apps (in other words, apps that can be used inside the Intercom Messenger) for this functionality. I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi @josh l11​ did you find a way to do this? I am also interested.

Thanks

This is great! Thank you!

Hey! - I've just come back to this now and the above comment from Intercom looks like a great Solution if the app works in Messenger.

I use Wootrics (Inmoment) which is supported, so I've just switched over to this to see how it compares.

I found a blocker here when it comes to using only one survey that will be triggered automatically in every chat.

Out support team is dealing with chats coming from multiple countries, so the survey should be adapted to each language used. Do you know if the language of the survey can be automatically translated depending on the language used on the chat?