Answered

Would it be possible to initialize a canvas kit app without manual teammate action?

• 23 September 2021
  • 2 replies

As far as I understand I can only initialize the app if a teammate manually triggers it in messages for example.

What I would like to achieve is an app initializing as a response to a closed conversation. In my imagination that would be possible if I could send a request to an API that initializes the app for the closed conversation after I receive a notification to a webhook connected to the app. Thus there is no chance of a teammate forgetting to initialize it, or deliberately not doing so for any reason.

Is that possible, or perhaps I need to look for some other option to achieve this? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Sam 28 September 2021, 17:00

View original

2 replies

Badge +1

Hi there! 👋

It's not possible to send a Canvas Kit app with the API. It is only possible to send attachments in replies through the API, not apps.

Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 3.59.30 pm

Hey @max r12​ we just released a new update that allows you to customize what apps are automatically sent to leads or users when conversations end. More information is below, and here is a link to the changelog.

To customize your workflows:

1. Navigate to the Operator > Task Bots > For Users / For Leads area.
  2. Go to the “Ask for conversation rating” section.
  3. Click “Use your own app when closing conversations.”
  4. Choose one from the list of installed applications, or explore the Intercom App Store to install a new app to use. 

This may seem obvious, but you can only use Messenger apps (in other words, apps that can be used inside the Intercom Messenger) for this functionality. I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions!