Answered

It says in the Intercom literature that rules that are not connected to a path are treated as an entry point for the series. I have a specific question about this.

• 28 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
  • Active User
  • 13 replies

We have a new series about to go live I'd like to ask about. To give you an idea imagine 7 onboarding emails, one for each day of a 7 day free trial, all connected up. pretty simple, but then we realised we want to exclude certain users just for email 3. The problem we face was that those users will not continue through the flow to email 4 (even if want to include them again) because the path from email 3 is not bringing them. So should we in that case have a disconnected entry point for email 4 (no path from email 3) with a rule like 'started trial 4 days ago'. Will this work. There's not that much in the current literature about disconnected entry points. Thanks. Nico

icon

Best answer by Sam 28 September 2021, 16:51

View original

2 replies

Badge +1

Hi there! 👋

This is really easy to achieve using Series. You just need a Rules block. You simply complete the required logic within the rule and take action based on the outcome of the rule. See below for an example I've put together.

Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 3.49.59 pm 

I hope this makes sense to you now and that you can build some great Series using it. 🙌

Badge +1

Hi Sam, thanks for this. This particular example you've given wouldn't quite work for us. We're already using rule blocks. We could do quite a few adjustments to make that layout work, but if we could use rule blocks as a disconnected entry point that would be easier. Can you confirm if that approach would work?