Answered

Can we give our users access to a list of Product Tours?

• 4 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi all!

We have a pretty complex product, and we wouldn't want to overwhelm the user by triggering too many product tours; instead, we would want to provide users with a list of product tours they can pick from and replay if needed. In our previous onboarding system, we did this by creating an announcement with a list of tours, and pinned that to the top of the system.

However, I'm struggling to find a way to do this in Intercom-- the Messenger has a "content showcase" feature, but this can't be used to open Intercom announcements, only external links.

Does anyone have an idea how we could recreate a "list of product tours" that's easily accessible for users?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Roy 4 October 2021, 17:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @vaida​ 👋

The feature is you are looking for called the Onboarding checklist. At this time there is no such feature in Intercom but here is some workaround:

You can send one post message to your users and Include a Product tour launch button or URL.

Here is some example:

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 7.21.54 PM 

Lots of Intercom users including me already requested the following feature, you can request this in @Product Wishlist​ group.

I hope my reply was helpful to you, let me know If you have any further questions on this topic.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here's the ongoing conversation on the following topic - Onboarding checklist integration?

Thanks a bunch @roy s11​ it makes sense to implement it like that, and I'm glad to know this is a known improvement!

Hi @vaida​  👋 we actually have an onboarding checklist solution specifically for Intercom. Each checklist item can be a Product Tour URL so your users will get access to a list of Product Tours. Try it out at: https://www.intercom.com/app-store/?app_package_code=checklist-by-alvis/p>

Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 6.12.01 PMScreen Shot 2022-07-04 at 12.27.14 PM