Answered

Segment customers to send a customized message

• 21 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi there, I have two questions. 

Context: We are a data discovery platform, so it is important to import customers’ data successfully before onboarding them. 

Question 1. (By using Segment(segment.com)) can we segment our customers who have imported data or not and then send customized onboarding welcome messages?

Question 2. We have our database page and then each database has its own URL in it. 

For example, all database page address starts with selectstar.selectstar.com/database/***** 

I want to show the product tour on a specific page starting with “selectstar.selectstar.com/databse/“ for the first time. Is it possible to do it? I’ve added a page rule like this but failed to create the tour. 

icon

Best answer by Kevin Bendixen 21 October 2021, 09:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I'll try to shed some light on this.

1.) In order to do that, you have to track an attribute or event that checks if the user imported data. Then it is absolutely possible to use that as a filter for customized messages. Check out this article from the Intercom helpdesk.

2.) You can choose "URL starts with ..." as the filter, that should work. Maybe you can post a screenshot of the tour that didn't work. Maybe we can find the issue then.

Tip: If your first step includes a pointer, the tour won't start if there is a problem with the element that is used.