Question

Is it possible to collect emails using Custom Bots?

• 25 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Anyone using Custom Bots for Referral program? I am looking for an example, to create a simple refer a friend program in Intercom Custom Bot - collect e-mails and create automation to send this e-mail to our CSM team. Do you have any examples of it?

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @roy s11​, you're very knowledgeable about Custom Bots, do you think you might be able to help @dario r​ here?

Any updates? , we really do need this

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @dario r​ 👋🏼

In regards to 'collecting emails' as part of a referral program - you can't use 'Custom Bots' with the generic 'email' attribute because this will associate that email with that user/lead.

You could create a custom attribute called 'referred email' as an example that you could use to collect emails but again, this custom attribute can only have 1 value added - so if customers wanted to refer 2 or 3 times that attribute would just be replaced by the newest entry.

The best way would be to use a third party app for a 'form' and use this within a Custom Bot - this way the customer can come back and fill it out a few different times with different emails and they won't be lost or replaced.

I've checked our App store here for 'Forms' apps 👇🏼

https://www.intercom.com/app-store/?search=forms/p>

I hope this makes sense! Of course, reach out anytime for further clarification ✨