Answered

More custom bots live

• 27 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone.

I have setted up 2 custom bots - 1 for Leads/Visitors, and 1 for Users only.

Unfortunatelly, no matter how I tried, the User's bot is showing to the people who even logged off of their accounts. I was looking for some workarounds but even when we used the Hash check (Force Identity verification) it still doesn't work as we need.

I tried to set some rules on it (Page URL is / is not...) but that actually just turnd off the chatbot completely.

Is there any way we can force check WHO is actually using the chatbot at the very moment? For example: Scout logged onto his profile and then logged out - We want to show him only the bot which is for Leads/Visitors - But the chatbot stores data's about the user's account automatically which is actually contraproductive on our end and hence the logic simply doesn't work as it should 😤

icon

Best answer by User49 27 October 2021, 16:06

View original

3 replies

Well, it seems that I figured it out...

Setting up one bot for all 3 categories (Visitor/Lead/User) and restriction to the page (IS homepage or preprod or contains /login [Do not use AND but OR])

Second bot turned off on those mentioned pages and visible only for Users.

We will test it out and then I can provide an update.

Badge +1

Hey @user170​ 

It is very important that you specify your Audience rule in the specific bots

imageThe good thing about this function is you will see directly if the bots work for the right group by the "preview the people who are in your audience"

There are more places you can adjust your messaging for logged in / logged off users, like in the messenger settings.

For example in the messenger settings you can show/hide the messengers for visitors / users in certain urls

imageimageI know there will be a solution for your bots by checking these places, but since I cant access the bots that you have built it is hard to say.

If you want to you can email me on viktor.perez@hedinbil.se and we can set up a 10 minute call where I can check the bots for you.

I understand the frustration tho, had a lot of these issues setting up intercom in the first place, especially when switching from leads visitors only to users as well.

Anyways, working with controling the conversations in the messenger settings made setting uyp bots way easier!

Hope this helps somehow

//Viktor

Actually, I am using this logic:

This one is for Not-logged users on our platform.

And this one for Logged-in users.

Now it works as we needed. I had that specific problem on the beginning as I used AND instead of OR in the first rules... If I use OR in second set of rules, the bot doesn't work at all. Seems little bit weird but it works as intended now.