Answered

How to target comms to a main contact after segmenting based on company data?

• 3 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

We're in the process of setting up company data on Salesforce to sync with Intercom so we can target specific customers using fields such as 'subscription expiry date'. I'm then unsure how we would target just the main contact of that company to send the comms to? We can have many users of our platform within 1 company. There is a field in Salesforce which has the main contact details on within the company record. Can I link via there?

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 10 November 2021, 17:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @gemma b​, can you tell me a bit more about how you define the "main contact" for a company? You mentioned that you have a field in Salesforce, does this populate with an email address?

Hi Eric, that is correct, we have fields in Salesforce which would list the name, email, contact no. etc for the main contact of that company.

Userlevel 1

@gemma b​ your best option here would be to sync a custom Salesforce field within the "main" contact object with a custom attribute in Intercom.

For example, you would need a field in a contact object which specifies that this contact is the main contact. This could be a boolean true/false field, or a text field containing the value "Yes".

You would then sync this with a custom attribute in Intercom called, for example, main_contact.

Then, you can use this filter for your message audience rules.