Answered

How can I trigger different Product Tours on a static URL?

• 4 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi, our web app has a static URL, which does not change even if users navigate to various sub-pages/features. Could you please advise how to trigger different product tours depending on the feature, not the URL?

icon

Best answer by Krzysztof T 4 November 2021, 19:06

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

Actually I do not use the product tours feature, but with bots and outbound chats you can start them from certain url's but also from clicks from a button:

See here:

imageIf you would use different custom bots that activate from a click from a button, or from new conversations you might be able to trigger different product tours using different custom bots to set them off

Try it out, let me know how it works for you im very interested in hearing more

Thanks, Viktor, but it's not what I was looking for. In Tour setup, we can define a trigger to show the tour automatically - it can be based on URL or event/data rule (see screenshot below). As our URL does not change we cannot do it based on the URL.

So it seems we need to send a custom attribute or event when a user enters a given feature and show an appropriate tour based on this attribute/event. But maybe it's not the best way and there are other solutions for that?

tours

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I think you just answered your question yourself 😉

Yeah, I think it's a feasible option, but I hoped for some "best practices" suggestion :)