Answered

Has anyone had issues with the frequency of Banner messages not working properly?

• 9 November 2021
  • 3 replies

I am able to create posts that reappear every time a user navigates to a particular URL, but for some reason the banner will only appear once.

Here is a screenshot of the Banner that would not appear more than 1x per user. Notice I have the frequency set for every time a person matches the rules.

If you have any suggestions on how to fix this, please let me know. The banner is better than posts or chats for page issues.

Frequency Banner

icon

Best answer by Kevin Bendixen 10 November 2021, 11:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Did the users close the banner? Not sure if that removes them from the audience automatically

Yes, I am closing the banner, but I expected the message to reappear the next time I matched the rules. If the user removes themselves by closing the banner, how would the frequency ever be triggered?

Update: If I choose the trigger to be an event instead of just a URL, the banner will display every time the event is triggered (no more than 1x per 5 min). I am testing another banner that should be displayed every time a person lands on a specific URL. Since I don't have an event, there aren't options for setting the frequency every 5 minutes; I assume the default is 1x per day. I'll check tomorrow to see if the message appears again.