Answered

Re-trigger the Round Robin with Inbox Automation?

• 11 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey folks, I have a team with several agents and they use Round Robin system to get the conversations. Sometimes one person gets the "bad ones" that take some time to resolve so they can not address the new ones fast enough while other agents might get free.

I was thinking if I set Inbox Automation rule, for a conversation that is not replied to for X minutes, and assign it to the same team it was already assigned to, will this trigger Round Robin again and get this conversation to the next in line (hopefully not the overloaded person).

I'm aware of Balanced option, but that does not really solve re-assignment of unanswered conversation (it just gives new conversations to less loaded agent).

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 12 November 2021, 12:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @user382​, I am currently testing this internally to see if it works. I suspect not, as I believe round robin assignment only applies to new inbound conversations instead of reassigned conversations, but I will confirm this for you 100%.

Userlevel 1

I can confirm that this is indeed the case, @user382​, when it comes to round robin. However, if you were to combine the Rule around responsiveness with balanced assignment, you would be able to achieve your end goal.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thanks @eric f11​ that's what I thought so too, and I also could not make it reassign this way. I know Balanced will help but not in the case when conversation gets stuck. I need to think of something else then 🙂

Userlevel 1

Sounds like a feature request for our @Product Wishlist​ group! (I'll record it, no need for any additional work on your end!)