Answered

How do I set up an auto-responder for inbound emails?

• 22 November 2021
  • 3 replies

We are reducing our support coverage over the upcoming holiday. When customers email us, we want to send an auto-responder via email that tells them we are offline and will be back soon! I know we can set this up on the email provider side, but not sure how that integrates with Intercom or if there is a setting within Intercom. Thanks in advance!! 🙏

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 25 November 2021, 10:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @user140​, there is currently no setting within your workspace to do this. It would be possible to achieve this via our API, however, using this endpoint; https://developers.intercom.com/intercom-api-reference/reference#reply-to-a-conversation./p>

There are other ways you can use Intercom to set expectations during holidays, as this guide outlines!

@eric f11​ I missed this reply! Thanks for letting me know. As far as setting it up via the API goes, this would be new for our team. Are you able to share what some of the benefits/limitations of creating an autoreply this way would be, or point me to a resource that would help explain how to do this? Just want to better understand what we'd be getting ourselves into. I'll connect with our eng team on this as well and send them the endpoint you shared, as they will likely have a better sense of how to set this up than I do!

Userlevel 1

Hey @user140​, I don't have a complete outline of how to set this up using our API, but your eng team should know what to do with the API endpoint. It's the only possible way to set it up using Intercom, currently!