Answered

Sync outbound emails/messages from Intercom to Pipedrive

• 22 November 2021
  • 6 replies

We are currently using this app to sync user data and conversations to our CRM, Pipedrive:

https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/2535853-pipedrive-app/p>

It seems like any inbound/incoming messages into Intercom from a user are synced to their profile in Pipedrive, but any outbound messages/emails we send them from Intercom are not logged/synced to that user's profile in Pipedrive. Is that correct or have I misconfigured something?

icon

Best answer by Michaela S12 30 November 2021, 12:29

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @eileen​, this is expected behaviour with our Pipedrive app. Only inbound conversations will sync, whereas outbound messages will now! You may need to set up a separate, third-party integration to sync these with Pipedrive - I was just talking with @michaela s12​ yesterday who might be able to help?

Hey guys! Happy Friday 😊

@eric f11​ thank you so much for the tag!

This is something Integromat might totally be able to help with.

Just to add a bit of context here - Integromat is a no-code platform that lets you connect Intercom to pretty much any other online app and automate all sorts of processes. You can have a look at both the Intercom and Pipedrive integrations to see the options of working with these services on Integromat.

To be completely transparent here, working with CRMs generally tends to be a bit more advanced. Well and if you don't really feel like working that out on your own, you can always contact one of our integration partners who will be more than happy to give you a helping hand 😊

If you'd like to look around the platform and start exploring the magic of automation, you can simply sign up for a free account and get the party started.

Thanks! I will definitely take a look. Sound like it's similar to Zapier? Thanks for the info!

Hey @eileen​ 👋

You're totally right. Integromat is an automation/integration platform which, indeed, means that it is similar to Zapier. The thing is, Zapier generally focuses on simpler automations with fewer steps. Integromat, on the other hand, lets you create automations that are as brief and simple or as complex as you need them to be.

I am slightly OCD and whenever I'm sharing info with someone, I need to make sure that I say everything there is to be said 😅 That's why I'd like to give you a quick overview of Integromat features.

Sooo, with Integromat, you get to:

• connect to 1000+ pre-made apps and to any public API
  • take advantage of thousands of plug-n-play templates for immediate use
  • build integrations with an infinite number of steps
  • create automations that send your data to multiple pathways
  • manipulate your data with an inbuilt system of filters and functions
  • smartly take care of any errors that might occur in your data
  • schedule the automations to run whenever it suits you
  • work with incoming data as well as older data in your apps
  • and so on and so forth 😊

The great thing is that all the advanced features are available on every single pricing plan. You can start your Integromat journey by setting up a free account, testing out the functionality, thinking up more things you'd like to automate, and then, possibly, move to a higher plan. Alternatively, you can always stick with the free plan in case it covers your needs 🙂

Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 12.23.28 

Anyway, if you'd like to learn more about the differences between Integromat and Zapier, you can check out this blog post we created specifically for this purpose 😊

➡️ From Zapier to Integromat: What Makes Us Different?

If you have any more questions, feel totally free to ask. I'll be happy to assist 🍀

Thanks! This is great!

Sure thing, my absolute pleasure 😊