Answered

What is the difference between adding rules and assignments 'within the bot bubble field', and only adding them after selecting 'end bot with follow up actions'?

• 29 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have recently been working on our bot extensively, and typically we add 'end bot with follow up actions' when the step is the last in the flow. However I noticed in one 'end step' that was added, the publisher didn't add the attributes and assignments after selecting 'end bot---' but rather included them directly below the bot text bubble- It seems to be acting fine though, so I was wondering what the impact is of this? and should I bother changing it? Without end bot follow up actions.with follow up actionswould appreciate any help.

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 1 December 2021, 11:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @lamint​! Adding rules and assignments within the bot bubble field allows you to take actions on conversations during a bot flow. Those actions can be applied and a customer can still proceed further through your bot.

Adding them at the end just signifies that you want to end the bot flow with these actions.

Badge +1

Hi @eric f11​ 

Thanks for your reply- I see the value of each.

However to specify, regarding my question- If I have a screen that is the last step in the bot flow, and I assign to agents and tag as complete etc- but don't do this in the 'end bot with actions' area- will this have any effect for the customer or me? ie. will it prevent the customer from seeing something, or being routed to an agent or something BECAUSE the bot doesn't see this as the end step? can I leave it as is?

Userlevel 1

There's next to no change in the end user experience, so you're good to keep it as is.

Badge +1

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply 😎