Answered

How can we fix not getting notifications for certain conversations/emails assigned to the unassigned inbox?

• 30 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Hey there, 👋

We are 18 members in our team and none of us are getting sound notifications when we get live chats from certain people (for example, when we receive chats from our company team members) and definitely not getting sound notifications when we receive emails to our unassigned inbox. All our notification preferences are set correctly, please see the screenshot below. And all other inbox notifications work well.

All of us are using the Chrome browser on Mac computers, and browser notifications are allowed. Tried chatting with live support to solve it, but the solutions offered weren't helpful (clear cache and set a rule to auto-assign everything to a different inbox (not ideal, we can't use)). We are sometimes missing our SLA's because we miss some of these emails we receive, and it's becoming more and more disturbing every day. What can we do to fix this? We just want to get normal notifications for everything we get. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 1.43.36 PM

icon

Best answer by Simay 9 December 2021, 11:27

View original

7 replies

Hey @simay​ ! Can you send the conversation link for which you did not receive notification and start a conversation from the Messenger in your workspace with all the details, so our support team can look into the issue?

Hey @aparna​, thank you for the answer! 😊

One certain thing, it's basically every email ending up with the unassigned inbox with our assignment rules. The others are more likely rare occasions, and solving this would give us the idea about how we can troubleshoot the others. I'll do as you said, and open a live chat with the support & share an example convo link with all the details. Let me know if you'd like me to send over a link from here as well.

@simay​ !Thank you so much. Hope you opened a conversation with our support team.

@aparna​ thanks to you too for following up! Yup, I did and we're trying to identify the problem with your support. They got this from here, you can close this thread if it's needed. 😊 Or I can share the problem and the solution from here once its certain, so it can be an example for everyone. Just let me know!

Great! That would be awesome if you could share the problem and solution here so if anyone runs into a similar issue it will be super helpful for them. Thanks!

Of course! It appears there is a glitch that's impacting notifications and audio notifications and Intercom engineers are working on a fix, I'll keep this thread updated once I hear from support.

Is this still an open issue?  I’m experiencing the same thing similar scenario.  I’m using:

Apple M2 - Ventura 13.3.1

Chrome 113.0.5672.126 (Official Build) (arm64)

Safari 16.4

Firefox 113.0.2

I can however receive sound notification for chats that are assigned to me.  It’s only the initial notification for unassigned chats.