Answered

How to Autotag user current source?

• 5 December 2021
  • 5 replies

• New Participant
  • 2 replies

We have a few products, 2 of them are web-based, now is an app (android and ios).

Some of my users are single product users, but some of them are multi-product users, which means that the same user logged in to different products. and he is already recognized as such.

Now, my problem is:

I need to know which product the ticket/message was sent from.

When trying to use conversation auto-tagging, every user is auto-tagged with all the products he ever logged to.

So.. what am I doing wrong? and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Milan 13 December 2021, 00:21

View original

5 replies

@eran​! Just to make sure that I am on the same page as you do you want to tag users based on the device they are sending the message(IOS/Android), if so you can filter by the device like shown in this screenshot https://share.getcloudapp.com/NQu7Q1rL.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Use Custom bot to collect info about issue before support continues to talk to the user.

Have one bot for each product, that will trigger based on URL and conversation started. Then in each bot set different Conversation tag (not a person tag).

Then you can filter based on that tag...

What do you think @eran​ ?

No. that's not the case.

The same user can login to all my products from different devices.

1. product 1 - desktop, web (mac or PC)
  2. product 2- desktop web (mac or PC), mobile web (android or ios)
  3. product 3- mobile app for ios or android

So you saying that there's no option, so I need to milk that info from the user?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Not really as that custom bot can just have one message like "Hi, how we can help you?" and conversation tag set along side that message. And you have 3 custom bots, for each product (URL, or "last seen on Android/iOS = 0" in case of mobile - not sure for that last one, would need to check/test but I do not have a way to do it now).