Answered

Using Series, can I tag a lead that books a demo and send an acknowledgement email?

• 7 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Can I automate the series so that when a lead books a demo, it is tagged as Demo Booked, and an acknowledgement email will be sent automatically? If so, how do I do it?

This is my first time using Intercom, I am trying to create a series on onboarding new users. If you can give me additional tips on how to do this or a sample template of onboarding a new user to an application I will be grateful. Thank you in advance

icon

Best answer by Milan 7 December 2021, 13:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @user2541​ !

Do you want to use Book a Demo app within the Intercom chat widget or you have some other way how the Leads are booking a demo?

If you want to use that Book a Demo app, I haven't found any indicator under Lead profiles that indicates how this Lead is created. It just sends an email notification to all Teammates in Intercom. So either someone tags this user manually which then triggers the acknowledgment email OR you can try automating this via Zapier that will read someone's email and look for this kind of emails and then triggering a tag to the Lead in Intercom (theoretically possible but seems like it could be complex to set up).

In your case, I'd rather stay away from Book a Demo and have some other page/app handle the Demo inquiries.

Thank you for responding; I plan to put a link to the page of the Demo Inquiry Form; this form is automated to collect info and tag the info as Lead in ClickUp. Will it be possible for ClickUp to trigger the intercom to send an email through integration? Thank you so much for your attention and participation.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

OK so it is some other form, not the widget one. And ClickUp is involved too.

As far as I see on ClickUp app page in Intercom marketplace, it will not sync profiles (leads/users), ClickUp does not have them, it's not a CRM/Marketing tool. So you would need some development (using Intercom API) or if Zapier/Automate or similar service can do it...

I understand. Thank you very much for answering all my questions!