Answered

Is a page refresh needed in Series to trigger next step?

• 14 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hey team, has anyone come across this and hopefully resolved it?

We have created a series that pops a post and then waits until you meet a criteria of a Save on that page and an attribute contains any value.

The next thing in the series is another post on the page. The customer meets all the criteria for the post to send but it doesn't. It only sends after I do a manual refresh of the page. We also get this on "has completed tour" - It shows as completed but it takes a full page refresh to trigger it.

Anyone have any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Aparna 23 December 2021, 14:46

View original

3 replies

@brent w​ ! This is expected behaviour. For the next message in the series to trigger, there must be a ping request or a page refresh from the user.Β 

Badge +4

Thanks for responding @aparna​ I feared this may be the case. Seems our web app does not do a full refresh when navigating between the pages on the site, nor does navigation on the site send ping requests I'm guessing. (not a developer)

T'is making it difficult to create a series that guides a user across the site and pops the tours and chats on the right page at the right time. If there's anything else you can think of that would help I am all ears. Thanks, Brent

@brent w​ Is yours a Single page application? If so you need to call Intercom('update'). In general a ping request will be sent when users logs into your site. You mentioned ping is not being sent. If that's the case we need to look further, so I would suggest you opening conversation with our support team.