Answered

Can I export my Series data?

• 14 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Is it possible to export Series data to get a better understanding of what users are doing (or not doing)?

I understand that Heap integrates with Intercom, so does the Series data export to Heap?

icon

Best answer by Aparna 23 December 2021, 14:58

View original

4 replies

Hey @jamie m11​ ! You can export message data (as a CSV file) directly from Intercom and analyse how the series is performing. Here is an article on that. This would give you data about all messages within a given time frame. The other option is you can make a CSV export for each of the series separately.

I am not too sure about Heap, because it is a third-party app built by Heap. So the best place to ask about this would be their support. You can reach them from here

Hey @aparna​! Thanks for the swift response and the links. Very helpful. 👍

I've got a few follow-up questions...

Do you have any idea whether - and if so, when - Intercom will provide more data on Series and/or Product Tours? And when might Product Tours data be available for Heap to report on (as it's currently not available according to the support article you shared).

Also, I know I can measure the success of a Series against a goal, however, do you have any guidance or best practices on what to look out for within the touchpoints of the Series, such as what might be causing drop-off, or, how to optimise the user journey so that the goal is achieved by more users? While I can build a seemingly well-oiled sequence with tried and tested messages, subject lines, call-to-actions, when you have lots of different messages and mediums it's tricky to visualise where people are dropping off or where the friction is.

Thanks 🙌

@jamie m11​ ]

I do not have an ETA as to when it would be possible to export data to Heap. The heap team will be able to give you some advice on this.

With regard to data and best practices, I am sharing with you two more articles- 1. On how to measure the performance of the series https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/4425234-measure-how-well-your-series-performsand 2. best practices https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/4799207-series-best-practices-tips-examples.Hope these two articles are helpful.

Great. Thanks, Aparna! 👍