Answered

Is there an app to allow customers to search their chat history?

• 14 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello there! Has anyone here any suggestions for an app to integrate on top of Intercom to give our customers possibility to have anice list overview of their chat/conversation/ticket history, and where they can search in theit conversation history, etc.?

icon

Best answer by Aparna 16 December 2021, 14:23

View original

4 replies

Hey @kristine m12​ ! Just to make sure I am on the same page as you, do you want to have a feature where users can search for their past conversations in Messenger? If so when user clicks on the see conversation button they will be able to view all their past conversation.

@aparna​ Hello Aparna! Thank you for your response. Yes, of course, I am aware of the option to see the list in the little chat window, but it is not searchable, has noen real identifiers, e.g. ID, it does not show if the chat is open or solved, closed etc.imageOur customers would like to have something like thisimage (3) 

I know Intercom does not have that now, and I hope you are looking into adding something like this to your support module as well. So I was interested, if there were any apps to your knowledge, we can integrate with to on Intercom to achieve this? (And which are not other support systems, like Zendesk).

Thank you very much!

Ah.. gotcha. At the moment we do not have an option to search by ID's or identify whether it is closed or open. I will flag a request for you with the team.

I came looking for this exact thing when I had feedback from one of our customers - we have a support function to customers that come through a lot, about different things, and to sift through the previous conversations is hard work without any descriptor for them, not only this but when they open and close a past convo, they get taken to the top of the convo list again which is frustrating for them.

Having some kind of search feature (for key words, dates, or even a subject so they can find it again) would be super helpful!