Answered

Can you have a bot hand off to another bot?

• 15 December 2021
  • 1 reply

We have several bots on several sites, specifically one on our website and then one that shows up in our LMS.

Of course they both ask different questions and sometimes our learners will go to our website and ask a question. More often than not, we have that question answered through our bots and articles within our LMS bot tree. But not in our website tree. It would be great to be able to "hand over" the conversation to the LMS bot from the website bot if it is determined the topic needs to go that route.

icon

Best answer by Milan 18 December 2021, 20:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@user2160​ hi!

I would actually just add content of the LMS bot as one of the new branches in the website bot. I understand it might be harder to maintain two bots (change content and analyze).

The only other way I can think of is using tags to mark a user on website bot and close that conversation, and then based on that bot trigger LMS bot. But this needs more thinking and testing, and will work only once (or do some scenario with multiple tagging and bots - I did something like that once when they requested me that user can have max 5 chats with the bot).