Answered

Is there a way to use a persistent article link inside of another article?

• 23 December 2021
  • 1 reply

It's a real PITA to have to go and update links everywhere if you change the title of an article (which changes its primary URL).

Example: I have an article titled "Example Article 1" that I wish to link to from within other articles. If I use the primary URL for the article - e.g., http://support.mysite.com/en/articles/12345-example-article-1 - then if I change the article title in the future I'll have to find and change all links to that article. Is there really no way to insert a persistent link for an article - a URL that doesn't change if the title changes?

Ideally there would even be a way to specify an internal article link that automatically generates the right URL even if you change the help center domain - e.g., from support.mysite.com to helpcenter.mysite.com.

This is pretty basic functionality for any wiki or other simple content mgmt system.

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 24 December 2021, 13:03

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hey @user2174​, if you change the title of an article, existing links to this article will simply redirect when clicked. There should be no need to go back and manually update these!