Answered

Exit rules, logic and the need for them. How to use them correctly

• 3 January 2022
  • 2 replies

In Series we have not really used Exit rules (not yet anyway). They are mentioned in Intercom's guides but not really in a sense that they seem crucial.

Our customer base spands the globe pretty much so we need to send the same message in a lot of languages, which means when we set up Series we create a lot of almost identical rules and steps for our customers to match.

Is everybody else using Exit rules in their Series and do you find it crucial to use them as a way to ensure e.g. users leave Series at a given point?

I'm trying to get to know how to do thing as absolutely best as possible and to avoid mistakes (which we just had a bad one of! 😣 )

icon

Best answer by Milan 5 January 2022, 12:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @henrik a​ I do not use it always, only if I want to make sure that user/lead should be out of it at exact event happening - perhaps he subscribed so there is no need for trial Series to go on, although based on the further rules of messages he might not get any more new messages.

Hi @user382​ Thank you for your reply. Makes sense. It's like exit rules are a definitive way of "kicking someone out" of a Series but of course they will leave if they match rules or can't go any further down a path.