Answered

How to use event metata in Custom bot conversation?

• 4 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi

I am building a custom bot where I would like to start the conversation with customer based on the previous event done on my product website. I have also set the event with metadata which is perfectly getting captured. But when I am trying to use the metadata in conversation its not available for use. Did anyone face same problem, please help in resolving the problem.

Code sample as how the events are configured:

trackEvent('Clicked Help', {

accessedFrom: accessedFrom || 'N/A',

sectionTag: trackingProps.sectionTag || 'N/A',

destinationUrl: href,

});

window.Intercom('trackEvent', eventLabel, data);

Screenshot of Event Metadata

Event Metadatascreenshot as the event metadata is not visible only attributes can be used

Screenshot 2022-01-04 at 4.26.00 PM 

icon

Best answer by Milan 11 January 2022, 23:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@sudhir​ Hi!

I can not see it in the screenshot (it's below what you show) but you have probably not set the rules of the bot to be event-based and defined that event as a trigger. Then if you did not do it, you can not see that event's meta data in the list.

Cheers!

Hi @user382​ ,

Thank you very much for your support and clarifying the doubt. I can trigger the outbound chat bot by using the Event as trigger.

However I am facing a new problem as when i am trying to us the event metadata as part of chat conversation, its always giving me the null values and take the fallback route.

However the value are available in People -> Profile -> Recent events.

Any insight or help on the same why the metadata is always coming NULL in conversation. Thank you in advance.

Screenshots are attached for reference purposes.Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 12.46.21 PMScreenshot 2022-01-07 at 12.46.57 PMScreenshot 2022-01-07 at 12.47.22 PM

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

OK, one thing sorted out 🙂 but let's see this other.

So if you used confirm_place_order as event and you added i.e. deviceType as metadata in the bot message, it should show up (as it can show up in email or chat), but I do not remember actually using it myself in Bots and there is currently no way I can test it. There might be some bug or you are still doing something wrong but it's hard to tell over screenshots.

Would you like to schedule a consultation - free of charge - I can spare 15-20mins in trying to solve this together over call? If you want message me here milan.sovaolo [at] gmail.com

I'd be happy to help!

Cheers!