Answered

Automatic rule to reassign conversation from teammate to team does not work when resolution bot was involved

• 5 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

We have just started using automatic assignment of conversations with the balanced strategy. It works fine so far. But I would like to apply a "safety" rule - if the teammate has not reacted within 5 minutes, the conversation should be reassigned to the whole team inbox.

There is a nice rule available "A new conversation hasn’t received a reply in X minutes". I prepared the rule, but it isn't working. As the Resolution bot is the first one handling all the conversations, the conversation actually received some response.

Is there any way to exclude the bot from the condition? Or is the issue somewhere else? rule

icon

Best answer by Aparna 11 January 2022, 13:43

View original

3 replies

Hey @libor​ !Resolution Bot routes conversations based on the assignment rules you have set.

If you have the bot inbox enabled, assignment rules will apply after the bot interaction has ended.

If you don't have the bot inbox enabled, assignment rules will apply before the bot interaction starts.

It's important to note that even when Operator successfully closes a conversation, the conversation will still be assigned to the right team/teammate’s conversation list, but the conversation will show as closed.

This means that:

• If you have no assignment rules set up, the conversation will end up in your "Unassigned" Inbox if Resolution Bot is unable to answer the question.
  • If Resolution Bot successfully answers the user's question, and the user clicks the "That helped 👍 "button, the conversation is automatically closed.
  • If the user's question is answered and your customer doesn’t respond, the conversation will follow your assignment rules. If there is no response after three minutes, the conversation will automatically close, as the customer’s question was most likely answered.

You can find more on this here

If you feel that it was not properly assigned, I would suggest you to open a conversation with our support team from the Messenger in your workspace.

Badge +1

Hi @aparna​,

Thank you for your response. I expect the rule to be applied after the bot interaction. But that's exactly what is not happening. I am already in touch with Rich on support, but so far, he hasn't been able to find out why the rule was not applied.

@libor​ Rich will update you further on this.