Answered

Is there a "classic" ticketing solution possible with Intercom?

• 10 January 2022
  • 4 replies

We are using Intercom to engage with our sales force and many of them are repeat users meaning they contact us regularly and sometimes with new issues while another is still open.

So right now using the messenger can be very confusing for them because it is just one wall of text. Is there a way to visualize separate conversation streams in the messenger and log them as separate conversations? More like a classic ticket approach where users can check the status of these individual requests.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Milan 14 January 2022, 00:11

View original

4 replies

Hey @user2202​ 👋

At Intercom, we base interactions on real, live chats with humans, kind of like Whatsapp or Facebook Messenger.

What this means is that when someone submits an issue or has a general question, they’ll receive a prompt response. This allows the customer to continue with their conversation beyond what may have initially led them to submit a conversation. This mode of communication makes for a more streamlined resolution, giving you happier customers and a happier team.

With other companies you receive a more ticket-based system. As a customer, you send your request, receive a ticket number and wait on your response.

these are great tools, but this can be frustrating for customers. Often, by the time you're able to get back to them, they've already found their answer online. We feel like this is an unnecessarily lengthy and disjointed experience for customers.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Although what @lisa b11​ is saying really stands, and I believe it is a good approach, having some more ways to kind of group conversations related to the same issue (maybe with a joint topic/subject), and/or somehow better flag it (not tag as this is internal, but flag for user, to see if the request is considered as resolved or not). I think @user2202​ point of view on this is more from a user standpoint, so think of them too.

Thank you!

I understand your approach.

Thanks!

Thanks Milan!

I understand Intercom's approach since they target customers who will not have many interactions with a company. For business or high-use customers, this will not work, unfortunately.