Answered

How can I add more than seven branches to a Series block?

• 13 January 2022
  • 6 replies

If you have more than 7 (like 12 or even 15) posts you want your customers to receive, then how do you do it and not get blocked by the "max 7 branches" rule?

I know I can branch out at a step befrore but that still would not ensure a customer would receive the messages in the branches that "the other" prior step leads to.

Like Welcome A leads to Posts 1-5 and Welcome be leads to Posts 6-10. However whenever a customer/lead matches any of the rules related to any of the posts I'd want them to receive that Post.

Hope I'm making sense 😎

icon

Best answer by Milan 13 January 2022, 21:55

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @henrik a​  You are talking about how many connections rule box (or any other element in Series can have incoming or outgoing)?

If so, I solve this by adding Wait boxes that have 0 seconds (or it might be 1 second) wait time and then branch each of them to messages that follow up.

So in your case for 12 posts you will need 2 Wait boxes (each will connect to 6 posts) but for 15 you will need 3 wait boxes (and connect 7+7+1 or how ever you want it).

@user382​ Yes how many connections any given element can have in Series.

If I want to get a customer that has gone through e.g. Entry Rule - Welcome Post 3 - Intro Post 3 - Wait Box 3 - but now I also need to be able to send this customer Intro Post 1 and Intro Post 2. Is that possible?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

You can connect the boxes as you wish - the only thing you are not allowed to do is create a loop.

Can you share a screenshot and maybe draw a line what you want to achieve?

It seems that no matter how I try to do it I end up with an infinte loop. Don't see a way around it.

I have attached a screenshot of a test set up I have created. I tried with Tags and then a rule that stated it should disregard Tags it had alreay gotten but it was rejected by the Series because of infinite loop.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

As I assumed, you would be making an infinite loop if you connect the "red !" rule box with "Welcome 1" message. Series does not allow that.

It's looking very strange that you want to send 2 messages at once - why is that? I mean, I do it too but it's always combination of chat + email, not chat + chat or (post instead of chat).

@user382​ Yes I assumed that I would be having issues with the infinte loop. Thanks for confirming.

We aren't sending messages at once as such. There would always be a rule e.g. "visit this page" or "enable that feature" that should of course trigger the posts.

We have a webapp that our customers we want our customers to be logged into and thus I want us to send relevant information right then and there in order to help them get things set up correctly. And there is no way for us to know when exactly they will visit pages x or y or z