Answered

Why is my email sending under review?

• 13 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Keep getting this error: Email can't be sent right now as your app is being reviewed. We've emailed your app admin with more details. How to resolve this?

error: when calling https://io.intercom.api/messages - Email can't be sent right now as your app is being reviewed. We've emailed your app admin with more details

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 14 January 2022, 13:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

That means that your activity in Intercom was kind of suspicious - like you might have been manually adding people and mass-mailing them which is something that Intercom should not be used for. And/or there were too many spam reports that you did not address.

And I guess this means you can not use API either.

Userlevel 1

Hey @user382​, just to clarify from an Intercom perspective, email sending reviews are not universally conducted in the event of harmful sending activity (lots of hard bounces etc.) We conduct an email sending review at random for all Intercom workspaces to ensure that they're adhering to our email sending guidelines.

@ram n​, the best way to get this resolved is to contact our Support team via the Messenger in your Intercom workspace. They'll guide you through this process and advise you what action, if any, needs to be taken.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @eric f11​ thanks for the info, this is new to me. If you do it randomly you might be then targeting someone who adheres the rules and this would anyway pause their ability to send emails which does not really make sense, right?

I mean, I worked with 70+ Intercom workspaces and the only 2 times when it was under review was because one guy was misusing Intercom by uploading lots of emails he did not have consent to email, and once when if I remember correctly, there were spam reports when we started the campaign for a legit users who signed up for the service but for some reason did not want it in their inbox...