Answered

Is there an easy way to "watch" certain conversations that remain open while they're being worked by other teams?

• 18 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Sometimes they go dormant and I need to chase, but I'm having to bookmark them in my browser, or put them in a Google Sheet to track them which seems sub-optimal 😉

icon

Best answer by Aparna 24 January 2022, 16:18

View original

6 replies

Hey @adam w11​ ! Just so am on the same page as you, do you want to keep the conversation open which are handled by different team/teammates until it is fully resolved? If so you can @mention yourself in those conversations and also leave a note. You can track the conversation by going over your @mention list.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks, @aparna​! Yep, it's akin to the watchlist on Jira. The only problems with the mentions is that:

a) I don't control that (other people will @ me to get my attention, etc.

b) I can't curate that list at all. So when an issue is resolved or I don't need to monitor any longer, it's still there (I can't rely on closed/open/snoozed as these may be being handled by another team.

It's essentially "following" the conversation and grouping them so I can quickly check in on them. Hopefully that makes sense? 🙂

@adam w11​ I get you. The option I could think of is Inbox view. Inbox views allow you to define a set of filters, including conversation attributes, and then show all conversations that match those filters in real-time. It’s easy to switch between them and keep an eye on urgent issues, your direct reports, or whichever conversations you consider most important.

Would this suit you? Here is an article on that.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks, @aparna​. That gets me some of the way there, but a couple of the fields I'd look to filter on aren't available. For example, "Team" or "Teammate Participated" and "Conversation state". That way I could "watch" conversations that we'd worked on in our local team, and were still either open or snoozed.

I get you @adam w11​ ! At the moment it is not possible to create a view based on Team or Teammate Participated and as well Conversation state.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Ahhh....OK. 😞

Can I add that as a Feature Request/idea maybe?