Answered

Get event which triggered a conversation

• 18 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Hey there,

I created a transactional message from an event and I would like to get the events custom data in my webhook, once the user answered to the conversation. From the api I don't see any way to get the event which triggered the conversation. Can you help me out here?

Another option would be to listen for created events and trigger the conversation myself and add the meta data from the event as custom_attributes to the conversation. But how do I tell the API to send the conversation as snipped?

Thanks upfront

icon

Best answer by Aparna 24 January 2022, 16:13

View original

2 replies

Hey @user2226​! You can use the topic conversation.user.replied to receive a notification when a user replied but this would send notification for all replies sent by the user in any conversation. More details in this doc

You can directly submit the event using this endpoint and also you can specify the metadata in the API call. You can list the event using the API to identify the users and then send messages to the users using API. If you want to update the user with attributes then you would need to use the update user endpoint

Hey, thanks for the answer. I checked the payload of the conversion.user.replied event and I don't see any reference to the event which triggered the conversation and thus I can't get the relation between conversion and event and therefore not the metadata of the event. Did I miss something here?