Answered

Can I trigger a Custom Bot based on keywords?

• 18 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone! I have been trying to figure out a way to design a custom bot based on keywords. Does anyone have advice on this from a customer support perspective not a "Create leads" perspective?? Any suggestions are really appreciated!

For example, I'd like the bot to respond to when a customer asks for support, instead of instructing the bot to pop up after the user has been on site for an amount of time.

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 19 January 2022, 11:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @logan m​! It's currently not possible to trigger a Custom Bot based on what a customer has typed. The only bot which responds to text is Resolution Bot, but it wouldn't suit your use case here.

Would it be possible for you to create a Custom Bot for inbound conversations to anticipate your customers' need for support and have this as one of the bot options? That's how we triage conversations within our own Support team.

Hi Eric, thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I was thinking similarly and had created Custom Bots to pop up in anticipation of my customers' needs. However, leadership would like the bots to not pop up and instead be triggered when the customer requests assistance. What I read in your reply is this is not possible?

Userlevel 1

Correct, that's not a feature of Custom Bots. You'd only be able to set it up to proactively pop up, as I mentioned.

Okay thank you.