Answered

If we switch up our Office Hours to cope with holidays, will they reflect in the reporting?

• 25 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Specifically, if we changed the hours to say, remove a Monday, would we see that accommodated in the MRT stats, etc. going forward? Or would setting it for one week, and then reverting them, negate the Office Hours/MRT calculations?

icon

Best answer by Aparna 27 January 2022, 18:22

View original

5 replies

Hey @adam w11​! Yes, it would. The charts show the First Response Time (FRT) grouped by conversation creation date. So, even though we only count the time within office hours (when 'Calculate your team’s response metrics within office hours only' has been enabled in Office Hours settings), this will be displayed on the chart according to the time the conversation was created.

For Example - A conversation is created at 4am GMT, but office hours are set to 9am - 6pm GMT. The conversation receives a first reply at 9:30am GMT. Reporting will show a 30min FRT for this particular conversation that was created at 4am, because it was answered 30mins after office hours started

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks, @aparna​! That makes sense to me. Now let me complicate things a bit 😉

Let's imagine that last Friday I didn't forget that Weds this week was a national holiday in Australia 🇦🇺. So, to handle that, I changed the AU Office hours to remove Weds completely. All good.

Now today I go back in and add Weds back in for next week (because, really, how much time do they need off in January?!) on their regular 09:00-17:00 (23:00-07:00 GMT) pattern.

Will our reporting cope with that? I.e., is the FRT baked-in with the Office Hours that were active just at that particular time, or will it retroactively ding them all with an additional 8hrs onto the FRT?

Sorry for the convoluted question. I'm just trying to find a good way to account for holidays across the geo's!

Not at all. In fact, I enjoy these. Yes, that should be taken into account. I would say you add Wednesday to your office hours next week so that this weeks conversation doesn't get impacted when you generate the report at the weekend.

I will check this with our product team to be 100% sure of the behaviour and then get back to you.

Just got confirmation from the team and yes it should take into account the office hours(that is it should exclude for Wednesday when it was closed )

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

That's brilliant, thanks @aparna​