Answered

What is the difference between "auto-closed rules" and "setting up the bot itself"?

• 28 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Hey!

In our company, there was a need to screen out a certain type of letters. Task: The client starts a conversation with our bot (for any reason), the bot starts a dialogue with him (starts a task), but the client does not write anything in response. The letter remains unclosed and such letters have to be closed manually each time (and there are many such letters).

I searched and found two settings (which seemed suitable to me)

1) Setting up the bot itself

- add a closing rule (see screenshot 1), if the client does not write after a certain time, then the letter is closed.

2) Setting auto-close rules (see screenshot 2)

- what is its principle of operation, tell us, please.

And what is the difference between them?

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 2 February 2022, 13:12

View original

2 replies

Please, tell me what does it mean "A customer has been unresponsive for 3 days" in Auto-closed rules, exactly?

Userlevel 1

Hey @user2255​! To answer your three questions;

1. A closing rule refers specifically to the bot flow. If the customer engages with your bot, the conversation will be closed with the criteria you've specified have been matched.
  2. A rule applies to all inbound conversations that you've specified within the rule, not just bot conversations.
  3. "A customer has been unresponsive for 3 days" means that a customer does not send any new message for longer than 3 days within a conversation.