Question

Incoming SPAM

• 30 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Recently, my gsuite address got a bit overly protective and started to put the messages from the real users to the SPAM folder. Unfortunately, after I'm checking the spam in the email and marking it as NOT-spam, Intercom does not indicate those messages as an incoming one, even though the emails were moved to the inbox and not in the spam anymore.

How I can make sure that after I move email from SPAM to NON-Spam folder, it will be properly recorded and attached to the relevant customer correspondence history?

4 replies

Hey Dennis! Just to clarify, is your messages not being forwarded into Intercom Inbox once you move the message from SPAM to your regular inbox in your email client?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Correct. I'm marking the email as not spam in my email, and it is not appears in the Intercom still

Badge

Is there an update on this by any chance or did you find a workaround?

We're experiencing exactly the same issue.

Even emails that are replies to our own email address or sometimes seen as Spam by Gmail and thus not being forwarded to Intercom.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @user2149​ Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

Unfortunately we don't have any insight or say-so into what goes to Spam in your Gmail account, so there isn't much we can do in terms of preventing this. Could you forward the email into your Intercom inbox manually after moving it to your regular inbox?