Answered

Is there a setting to control the length of help center article and collection descriptions?

• 31 January 2022
  • 3 replies

When creating collections and articles in Intercom, the description areas have a very limited amount of characters they will take or show. They work like so:

• The description area at the top of an article only allows 100 characters, and shows them all.
  • The description area at the top of a collection lets you put in as many characters as you want, but will only show about the first 80 characters. As you enter the characters there is no word wrapping.

I would love to have a lot more characters be allowed to be entered and shown. Is there anyway to:

1. Change the number of characters one can enter in the article description and have the text wrap? Up to 600 characters would be great.
  2. Change the number of characters one can enter in the collection description and have the text wrap? Up to 600 characters would be great.

Β 

I'm not finding anywhere this can be changed, but I'm wondering if I'm just missing it?

icon

Best answer by Brent 31 January 2022, 23:02

View original

3 replies

Badge +4

Hey @ken r​ 

I don't think there is anywhere to change that at this point. There is a group on this forum called product wishlist. You should post this there as the Intercom team do review that area.

Brent

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

One thing to consider, if I remember correctly, the article description is also the meta description on Google. Hence the limitation.

Thanks @brent w​ and @kevin b​. I appreciate your responses.