Answered

Can we add tags retroactively to conversations?

• 3 February 2022
  • 3 replies

I want to add tags to conversations that happened in the past. How do I do that? Is it possible?

icon

Best answer by Aparna 18 February 2022, 16:33

View original

3 replies

Hey @jai d​! You can manually tag the conversation from UI or use the API. Just one thing to note adding a tag today, to a conversation that started last week, will not make the conversation show up in this week's conversation tag report, but will retroactively show up last week

Thank you @aparna​ ,

I should have asked it differently. I want to create a tag rule for conversations. Can I create a tag rule and will it apply to conversations that happened in the past? Will it work retroactively?

For example I want to create a tag rule that says If anyone had asked about 'onboarding' in their chat conversation, then that conversation gets an 'onboarding' tag

Thanks for clarifying. At the moment it is not possible to create a tag rule to apply retrospectively. You need to tag them manually or the other option would be search conversation and the programmatically tag using our REST API. Link to search endpoint API, use this to get the conversation ID and then use the tag conversation endpoint to attach tags to the conversation. Here is the link to the tag endpoint.